The Freedom of Expression Hub (FOE-HUB) is a not-for profit organization registered in Uganda that strives to promote and defend freedom of expression within and beyond East Africa. Its establishment was inspired by the apparent closing space for the enjoyment and exercise of freedom of expression within the East African region.
To augment freedom of expression as a means to good governance through breaking barriers that hinder free expression.
- Contribute to the reform of institutional, legislative and policy framework on Freedom of Expression;
- To strengthen oversight and accountability of freedom of expression regulatory institutions through domestic, regional and international mechanisms
- To monitor, document and report on State compliance with regional and international freedom of expression standards
- Enhance the capacity of citizens and bodies to advance the respect, protection and promotion of freedom of expression.
- Strengthen the institutional and organizational capacity of the FOE-Hub to advance freedom of expression.